Features of Forearm Crutches
- Adjustable height for a customized fit
- Ergonomic handle design for comfortable use
- Non-slip tips for added safety
- Lightweight and durable construction
Benefits of using Forearm Crutches
- Improved mobility and independence
- Reduced strain on lower limbs
- Increased stability and balance
- Faster recovery from injuries
How to Use Forearm Crutches
Using forearm crutches properly is important to ensure safety and effectiveness. Here are some tips on how to use these mobility aids:
- Adjust the crutches to the correct height for your body. The top of the crutch should be about 2 inches below your armpit when you are standing upright.
- Hold the crutches with your palms facing down and your arms bent at a comfortable angle.
- Move the crutches forward as you step, using the handgrips to support your weight.
- Stand tall and keep your shoulders relaxed while using the crutches.
- Take short steps and be sure to keep your feet directly beneath your body as you walk.
Caring for Forearm Crutches
Proper care and maintenance of your forearm crutches can help extend their lifespan and ensure their continued effectiveness. Here are some tips for taking care of your crutches:
- Regularly check the crutches for any damage or wear and tear.
- Tighten any loose screws or bolts to keep the crutches in good working order.
- Replace any worn or damaged parts as needed.
- Store the crutches in a dry, well-ventilated area to prevent rusting or deterioration.